Free and Premium Content
My name is Julio Foppoli and I am the creator of this website, as well as of many other educational websites. In my years teaching foreign languages, I have learned that fancy and flashy videos and technical explanations are not always the best for learners, who could easily get lost in a sea of unfamiliar words and definitions or even the fanciness of the videos themselves could divert them from the main point: to understand.
After struggling for many years to find videos that were both simple and practical, I have decided to take the bull by the horns and create my own. What you will find here is a selection of some of the materials I have been using with my own students. They stick to my original criteria in that they are very simple, practical and to the point. I personally don't care if a student knows a specific grammar label as long as he can apply the concept in real life. After all, most native Spanish speakers don't even know what an adverbial participle is or a gerund or a noun clause. However, they speak the language perfectly.
Whenever possible, I have tried to provide simple explanations for the layman. Lots of these materials are currently being used at schools, colleges and universities, which of course makes me very proud really. In order to reach as many people as possible and add my grain of sand to helping spread the Spanish language worldwide, in a simple, yet practical and powerful manner, I have decided to share some of these materials for free. Some other materials are not free, but I decided to offer them at a price that everyone could afford. And I am always adding more in an effort to answer real questions from real learners.
On this website, you will also see some mention of one-on-one lessons, and as you can imagine, those lessons are not free. However, if you have any questions about any of my videos, you can always comment at the bottom of the page and I will be more than happy to asssist you as soon as I can. I love doing this and I spend a lot of time in front of my computer talking to language lovers all over the world! I would love to hear from you too! Now without further ado, the content you want!
Happy Spanish Learning,
Julio Foppoli Foreign Language Instructor (English / Spanish)
Free and Premium Resources
Those of you who have been following me for some time now know that I have been rebuilding this website from scratch and it is still work in progress. Some sections are still unavailable in the new format but rest assured I am working on them day in day out to add them to the new structure of the website.
- PowerPoint Presentations: (100% free) This is located in my prehistoric website! I am going to add it to the new website soon! In the meantime, you can get tons of free presentations from there!
- Audio Recordings: This is a brand new project with authentic conversations in which speakers talk the way they do in real life ~ FAST. The idea is not to simplify the material you listen to, but to train you to understand real fast-paced conversations.
- Video Lessons: a selection of very practical lessons, simple, yet powerful, that I have been creating since 2006. Some show the passing of time, yet, the contents are gems if you want something clear and to the point.
- Survival Spanish: A short series of lessons with the street Spanish you need to survive ,for at least the first days, in a Spanish speaking country.
- Verbs for Ipods, Ipads, Video Players and Computers: Here I made a selection of the 100 Most Conversational Spanish verbs and created 10 videos with 10 verbs each, to make it simple for you to study them in little chunks. Verbs are where the action is. Even you do not have a premium account, you can see still get the first 10 verbs in group 1 for free! And if you are serious about your Spanish, for less than the price you would pay for a cup of coffee you can have instant access to all the contents on the website. Nothing beats that!
- ESAUDIO's Spanish Newsletter: When you sign up to access the free lessons you will also be signed up to our free Spanish newsletter to be informed when we post new free lessons,articles, news, etc.
- One-on-One Spanish Lessons: These lessons are not free, but if you are serious about learning Spanish, give them a try!